Thursday, July 10, 2008

JC

I have yet to decide whether I am a callous, judgemental hypocrite or an amazingly great judge of character.

My patient today has remainded unconcious for most of my shift allowing me to ro redirect my attention to his roommate, our polish friend (from here on in known as the His Royal Polishness) and my Phillip K Dick novel.

I have had several interesting conversations with his regalness about politics. However, I have to admit that his heavy accent and habit of mumbling has made things difficult at times. In fact, im not sure if at one point he was praising or slagging off jewish business men. (Side note: It must be said that Poland, was/is particularly anti-semitic, therefore i would bank on the latter of the two).

Periodically my patient awakens to scream a stream of cursewords and passout. HRP imitates these curses with additional moans and we both look at each other and laugh.

Having gone for my break, I hope for quiet time with 'Weird Homes'. Sadly it resulted in the an understanding that the majority of my coworkers are made up of the dregs of society.

This woman first tells me of her bestfriend who is a 91 year old woman who was beatn up by her alcoholic son.

I had little in response to this.

This was followed up with a moral tirade about how the youth of today (2003 or 4, i forget) are lost in drugs, alcohol and sex. Admitting this was certainly true for myself, she then moved on to a history of her personal relationships.

The highlight being that her current husband (11 years her junior) lives with his mother, while she lives in a small apartment.

OBVIOUSLY curious i had to ask 'Why is this the arrangement?"

I then learned that it is her second marriage and his 4TH!!!!.

In order for her not to be a hypocrite she had to marry the man she was having sex with.

CeePee's diagnosis:

Loonie.

Call me crazy, but at least im not deluding myself when i enjoy(ed) drugs, alcohol and sex for what they are, rather then trying to mask them like our friends...

Thank god my break ended at some point so i could escape this vile woman.

I returned to the room to take in the sight of HRP's doting lady friend. Dont get me wrong, hes a nice guy, charming even, in that crazy grandpa kind of way. Yet he has this lady who answers to his every beck and call. Bringing him toast and tea, puttin gup with his sexist (and hilarious) comments. Im wondering if this old man is a millionaire or summat cause all shes asked for so far was dinner once he gets out.
Perhaps she doesnt know how to feed herself?

I will finish this story off on a happy note.
I saw Speedracer in his wheelchair again. Im in the same ward (just down the hall this time) and goddammit dont i just wanna put him in a box and keep him to myself.

No comments: