Monday, August 18, 2008

When 2 become 1

I had two patients at separate times tonight. The first was that old fella in his wheelchair, Speedy Gonzales (or Speedracer as i believe i had called him). He was certainly amiable and slept most of the time, if not all of the time. The few minutes he was up he spent smoking peter jacksons telling me how smoking was a wonderful hobby. I could do nothing but agree.

The nurses soon saw fit for me to tend to another patient who I had had on a previous shift. Unlike that previous shift this guy was up and running. Quite an amusing fellow actually. I often wonder if older people have selective hearing. Much like my great Uncle Roy, when I asked questions, he would disregard them. Please keep in mind it wasnt in an offensive manner, more in the sense that he never heard me pose the question in the first place. This, of course, proved to be amusing.

Example Number 1

Patient 2 (Crazy Ol Coote), pointing at the hallway: Who was that fella?
Me: I believe his name was Colin

COC: Wylie?
Me laughing: Nono, (spelling it out) C-O-L-I-N

COC: Wylie?
Me laughing harder: No, its still Colin

COC: Wylie?
Me: Yes, Wylie

COC: Well aint that something, I got a cousin named Wylie

Example Number 2

Me: So, do you like fishing?
COC: So ive got 300,000 Dollars and 3 girls that work for me

Needless to say I began to wonder if he was a pimp in his spare time
He did have a swagger.
Granted he lost half his leg in the war.

Example Number 3
COC: Are there any pants in there?
Me: Nope Just shirts

COC:Pass me some of those pants
Me: well, theres no pants but ill pass you some shirts

(i pass him some shirts)

COC: Well, ill be damned, these are all shirts



SeeqPod - Playable Search

No comments: