Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lil Eyetie lady (or sugery sweet nights)

Day 4
Today im in VG-5A taking care of a cute as hell little woman from an Italian family.
Shes about 4 foot nothing. Im not a big girl but shes a midget next to me. Its not even like shes at that age where they start to shrink. Well, ok, thats not true. Regardless shes short.

The Family was here when I showed up, they seem to be pretty incredible. Living stereotypes if you will. Definitely the stereotypes you want to see in people, you know the kind you see on those shitty romantic comedies where the family is kooky but loving. They really remind me of my Nana and Grandpa. The Husband seemed to be extremely concerned, he didnt want to leave but was showing it in an indirect manner.

He was going to stay all night, they had said something to the nurse about her being all fidgety so they called me in. I explained to them what it is that I do and they were visibly happy. I explained to her what I did and who I was and she said that I was 'perfect'. Sigh. What a sweetie.

We spent a majority of the night talking about books and brothers and sisters. She woke up at one point really wanting to leave. Sadly this entailed a tugging of the catheter, its purpose, she didnt understand. She kept saying that she had to go pee. I told her to go but she insisted that she had to use the toilet. Eventually she calmed down, went to sleep and I suspect 'released'

The nurses this shift were pretty sweet too. They were kind enough to get me a lamp and a flannel sheet for my chair. We discussed the book I am reading (cant remember what it was, feel like a retard for not having written down these details).

Did make my first few steps to becoming a doctor (just kidding) as the nurse instructed me to press the reset button when the IV machine beeps. Thats not to mention the fact that the Doctors asked me my opinion (highly vaunted, ill have you know) as to how our sweet lady was doing.

No comments: