Sunday, January 04, 2009

Apologies/The Aged Flesh

for not writing in so long. Few readers know im now located in South Korea for the next year. Ill be doing some writing, possibly posting it in another blog or something on a future date. Im just about finished my book with all my own experiences in the hospitals however as mentioned previously my sister gave me hers, so i will continue to write drawing from her experiences. I do intend on continuing to write in my smut blog as well however I have to wait for a conversion plug (they use the european/asian two prong plugs here AND they dont have the conversion ones we can find at fucking radioshack here so ive been forced to use a coworkers who lends it to me from time to time as she needs it for her hairdryer. I expect to be back up and running in the next week or so. Also Korean girls show alot of leg. I like it. Ive developed a new fetish as a result. That should give me ample fodder for smut). Back to the topic at hand, hospitals.

The aged flesh is a tender and brittle thing.
Unfortunately today I had to witness a patient be told that his leg was going to be amputated. He then started crying and mumbling something. The doctor asked him to repeat himself and he said "I wish I was dead". Its an obvious fact of life that the human body begins to deteriorate. For instance as we age the skin becomes increasing translucent and brittle. It goes from young, firm and supple to dry, cracked and limited. Of course there is always the potential with debilitating and weakening diseases like aids that delay and/or deny the body of its regenerative capabilities (such as lesions that do not heal). But for the most part it is a process that approaches us in the autumn and winters of our lives.

It makes me wonder if taking care of oneself merely delays the inevitable, deludes us into the belief of relative immortality/invincibility through vanity. There was alot of y's used in that last sentence.

I have stared death in the face, hes falling apart piece by piece.

The other death I saw wears a canadian flag bandana and a mesh wife beater. He also has a goatee and a ponytail.


No comments: